Low boiler pressure - Worcester greenstar 24i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a leak on one of my radiators recently (fixed by tightening up the nut) but now my boiler pressure is almost zero. I tried using the key provided to turn the internal filling loop but nothing seemed to happen. On closer inspection it looked like the key was inserted too far to actually turn the valve (bad design?) but when I pulled it down a bit lower it was very stiff to turn so I stopped.

Has anyone had any experience with tis type of boiler? It's only a couple of years old (just out of warrantee!).

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
ya have to push the key fully in and twist it half a turn so its locked in place. then open the valve to let the water through (should be a lil white fitting at the side of where ya put the key in) turn it anti clockwise until ya hav about 1bar pressure in the system

Sponsored Links
Sorry for hijacking this post, but..
I recently filled my system, but did it not really knowingly what i had actually done..
By the time i figured out how to stop filling it, the pressure was at the far extreme of the green on the dial. :confused:
How do i go about reducing the pressure in the system??

Is it safe to run at this pressure? I keep getting a very strange kind of growling noise in the CH Pipes, and am worried they may start to leak.... :eek:

Thanks.

My boiler (Greenstar 28i Junior, installed November 2007) has started to run at 2.5 bar - just at the end of the green scale.
Once or twice I've had to increase the pressure to around 1.5 bar, as this is what the installation engineer recommended.
Can anyone advise me on how can I decrease the pressure, please?
Thanks in advance.
Has the pressure started to rise on its own or did you top the system up too much? If it is starting to rise on its own when the heating is running and it is going above 2.5 bar then you may have an expansion vessel problem. What is the pressure when the boiler is cold?

Not sure yet, only just noticed it while boiler is running - been worrying about it to be honest!
I didn't top the system up too much - last time I topped up was a fair few weeks ago now.
Will look later as off to work now, but thanks for the reply.

I've sort of deleted my original Q and started a new thread as you were replying though!!!

I have a similar problem as the original poster. I managed to insert the key, but now it only turns for a fraction between the lock sign and the unlocked sign on the holder. I cannot neither increase the pressure nor get the key out. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back