Potterton 60 PrimaF-Electronic control. Open vented conventi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be grateful for any help.
Intermittent fault, not all the time. Have a problem with my boiler, in that when calling for heat, fan works ok but it (fan) does not run without cycling on and off.

The instruction manual states that it is the electronic control that needs replacing.

Can anyone tell me if the electronic control is solid state and therefore un-repairable. Once boiler has fired up no other problems, but some times takes three goes at fan cycling on and off before firing up again. I must admit to thinking it must be the air pressure switch with these symptoms. I have blown through the tubes and satisfied myself they are clear and APS appears to be working. Would be grateful if anyone can give me some reassurance to buy the electronic control. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That's the classic failure - mode of those electronic control units. One day it'll just sit there forever going on - off - on - off and not lighting properly.

Thanks ChrisR, will order one ASAP, although it's holding out for the moment, touch wood, I'll bet it stops on Christmas Day knowing my luck.
I'm still of the old school of thought, thinking I can repair something, one day I will just accept I should just replace it. :eek:
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back