storage heaters not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all i have storage heaters at the moment and have just tried to put them on last night and found not working. Have checked fuse box and switches are on But cant get no power to them I have a meter and a conductor alongside the meter which the electicity board installed which comes of the meter and the live wire from the CU goes into also i have a henley box that the neutral from the CU goes into Was wondering is there any way to test these heaters during the day as tried at 10-11pm when the heaters should have come on .

Sponsored Links
Did they work?
Have they just stopped. If so it could be a fuse or the thermal cut out.,

yeah they did work last year but not this year so no idea y they arent this year.

Sponsored Links
it is a key meter with a contactor connected via a henley block The live of the CU runs into the contactor and the neutral of the CU runs into the neutral of the of the henley block.

it varies in every few houses, to avoid a big switch-on surge on the network

Not always. A large housing estate near Llanelli had Off Peak storage heaters fitted. All had TeleSwitches with the same On time.

Several hundred night storage heaters coming on all at exactly the same time.

The transformers at the substations were known to shudder and lighting noticably dimmed.

I expect by now that situation has been resolved.

Not these days - Teleswitches all pop it at once. I guess there could be regional differences, but I am fairly sure there are not.

Not seen a clock go in from new for a LONG time!

Not my line of busines, but I'm pretty sure I was told teleswitches are set to give varying switchons.

There was talk of a random delay being built into TeleSwitches so that although they were all commanded at the same time the actual switch action occured a few seconds or even minutes after the command was recieved.

<<drat>> John got in first. his delay was shorter than mine

Not heard of that, although I know the switch can alter from night to night occasionally.

It would make sence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back