Is Magnaclean filter required after a Powerflush?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if we will benefit from fitting a Magnaclean filter to our system after we powerflush it. We have a sealed system and alot of muck (due to the fact that it was not power flushed 4 years ago when new boiler installed). Boiler is a Potterton Powermax condensing boiler.

Any suggestions? I know the filter cost £100 but will it be £100 well spent in our case? Any alternatives?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your prompt reply. I was just wondering that since the system is sealed, and clean (after a Powerflush) where will any sludge come from?

powerflush wont get it all out, and you will still introduce air into the system with a sealed system which causes pretty much all the problems, ok sealed systems are better for corrosion but ive seen some awful converted systems sludging up really badly.

my own sealed system has been converted from open vent by my good self and its getting a magnaclean sometime soon, seems my two flushes didnt work. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your prompt reply. I was just wondering that since the system is sealed, and clean (after a Powerflush) where will any sludge come from?

powerflushing or just normal flushing won't get all the sludge. If you fit a magnaclean it will continue to work long into the future. . Just empty it out every few months. It takes minutes to do.

Thank you guys, looks like I am getting a magnaclean filter :cool:

The question now is, shall I ask the same people who will do the powerflush to fit the magnaclean filter :rolleyes:

I am still looking for someone to do it.

ask them. if they are on site with their van and tools they should be cheaper than getting someone else in on a special visit. Or you could do it yourself.

why are we dragging up old posts ?

it came up at the bottom of page when i was looking not know it was an old post . only new today give me a break
28_1_19.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back