External Controls for Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new Baxi Condensing Boiler fitted (Solo 18 HE). I have a Honeywell Room Thermostat and a Honeywell Programmer/Timer that used to run my previous boiler (a Potterton Netaheat 16/22). The Programmer no longer turns on/off my CH at the set times although I believe it would the HW if I wanted it to (I set my HW at constant as I am told that this is more efficient?). I paid to have the new boiler fitted along with a new pump, 3-way valve and 4 x TRVs - the external controls were not included in the costings as it was (incorrectly) assumed that they would work with the new boiler. The fitter is extremely good at fitting new boilers but does not appear to be that hot when it comes to electrics! I believe that he uses an electrician when the need arises but, as I say, this was not costed or part of the arrangement. Can I get any qualified electrician to look at this problem for me, or is it best to find an electrician that works for a heating company? Is it going to be expensive to trace/rectify this fault?

Sponsored Links
FFS.

People here give FREE expert advice to complete strangers in their own FREE time.

We do not need some tool whinging when they do not get an answer to a question to which maybe no one knows the answer. :mad: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to see if I could get a response and it worked - more replies/comments in less than 5 minutes than I have had all day ;)

well i was out with little daytona today playing golf and it was the first time he ever hit a ball over 100 yards(hes only nine) :LOL: on the way back i baited some of spots,barbelling next week.

in response to your op,phone a sparks and ask if he can do heating.if he says yes get him to do it

im looking at your user name,its making me think your an angler?

you might have had more replies in 5 mins after moaning, but not one of them is answering your questions...

yes you can get any electrician to look at it.. they might not have a clue but they can look at it...

yes you'd probably be better off with a heating engineer..

no we've no idea if it will be expensive, it might take 5 mins, or it might take 3 days and a whole lot of re-plastering... can't see it, can't quote it..

I did look on the Baxi website which has several wiring options for the solo HE boiler..

if you're using a room stat, it does say not to have the rad nearest to it with TRV's...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back