windscreen wiper squeak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
now a little while ago, I thought I'd treat myself (ah the simple pleasures in life.....) to a new set of Bosch wiper blades. The thing is they've been squeaking loads and I'm not sure how to get them to stop :cry: . I've given them a few months so that they can bed down but still no good.
Any ideas, short of getting new ones?

Sponsored Links
If you are using just plain old water in your washer bottle, try using "screenwash"... these often claim to reduce wiper squeek.

Seeing as they are usually just a blue-dyed alcohol solution I am not convinced, but for a couple of quid it is worth a shot.

If this fails, try giving your windows a really good clean with a spot of windowlene or similar. Don't use too much, or it is like rubbing lard over your windows...

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
If this fails, try giving your windows a really good clean with a spot of windowlene or similar.
Any of you done this ?
Newspaper & Vinegar, you know how it is, never got round to it having a go !

Why not just drive more? Et voila, acid rain. Same effect as vinegar, but cheaper.

Of course the hoards of mutant canibals roaming the planet in the apocolyptic aftermath would be a downside to the scheme...

AdamW said:
it is like rubbing lard over your windows...

An alternative to expensive solar-reflective glass... the lard absorbs the solar radiation, and melts thus dissipating the heat. And when it finally goes rancid, it attracts flies and is a cheap alternative to blacked-out windows as a thick layer of bluebottles covers it. :LOL:

Seriously, folks, just remembered that you should not use household window cleaners on car windows. Check the label before you apply.....

Anyhow, Adam, if it had lard in in would not be Window"lean", bit Window"fat"...

So let me get this right:

I'm supposed to be using lard (left from that Last Tango in Paris, perhaps?) mixed with vinegar (from last nights chips) on my windscreen when it's not raining and it's hot enough to fry that egg..........and then windolene, blue alcohol screenwash and drive around looking for mutant canibals when it is. Oh and read the newspaper while driving so I have something to clean it all off with once I get to my destination or hit a tree whichever comes first.

Sorted........now where did I put those ear plugs!

waran said:
I'm supposed to be using lard (left from that Last Tango in Paris, perhaps?)

I always thought that was butter...

Perhaps a new TV advert for "Utterly Butt-erly" is in order? :LOL:

butter...lard ....is there a difference. Must ask that French lass!

waran said:
I'm supposed to be using lard (left from that Last Tango in Paris, perhaps?)
Actually coca cola has some pretty impressive cleaning characteristics. It's probably safer than Tango. (You don't run the risk of little orange fat blokes slapping you around the face, while driving). :)

waran said:
butter...lard ....is there a difference. Must ask that French lass!

Course there's a difference!

You don't call anyone "butter-ar*e"!

Have you tried waxing the windshield with car wax?! Regular paste wax works best and you will be able to see the dirt you can get out of the glass when you wipe off the dried wax. :!:

Sponsored Links
Back