Ariston Micro Genus 27 MFFI locking Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone help my Ariston boiler seems to go to lock out when DHW is usedr, it lights up then provides hot water properly but when taps are turned off the boiler goes into lock out. The boiler works fine on Central heating. turning its self on and off and relighting. I have checked all connections and the main flow switch seems to be operating properly.
The Pressure in the system is good, it can be reset by turning mains off and back on, but often takes several attempts.

Cheers for any help Pete

Sponsored Links
try this, on the left hand pipe from the heat exchanger you will see an overheat stat on a clip on the pipe remove it and lower it about level with the burner this normally fixes the problem good luck

Hi
I have exactly same problem with 2 boilers in some offices
Ch runs fine for months ( I turned off cold in so no draw on HW if if a tap opened)
But with cold feed back on - turn on hot tap and it works and will run for as long as you like - turn off tap and the boiler shuts down.
I have tried moving the sensor down but unfortunately that didn't work
Pete did it work for you and if not how did you get it sorted
Thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
Watch the diverter valve pin when water is turned off.

Does it promptly return?

If its the o/h stat causing the problem then remove it from the pipe ON TEST ONLY and see if it stops the problem. Replace it immediately after the test!

In that case the main heat exchanger is probably scaled up. Removing that is a job for a gas engineer. They can be descaled in situ.

Tony Glazier

Hi Tony
Thanks for prompt answer I will try and look at them next week and come back to you
Cheers
Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back