Fixing concrete posts into a stream

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help I am trying to support the embankment at the bottom of my garden the people who lived next door have made a concrete staging which has concrete posts bedded into the stream, which I thought I would carry on I was wondering if anyone has any idea's how I would be able to concrete in water with out it being washed away and what equipment I may need, the stream will be at its lowest level when I do attempt it

:eek:

Sponsored Links
dig-in or bash-in some hollow cylindrical 'piles' then bail ot the water.

put your post into the cylinder and fill with concrete. ;)

probably. :LOL:

concrete will set under water,
if the stream is not to deep you can sand bag the side off you want to work in and pump the water out
or you can have the posts piled in,
if you give more information like height of bank to water, depth, slope, someone might be able to help better,
on mooring jetties we have piled the posts in.

I like your idea noseall.

Thanks for replies.

Have tried to find hollow piles but unable to find anything appropriate at a reasonable price. Any suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
how firm is the river bed and how far do you want to knock them in?

Thanks for replies.

Have tried to find hollow piles but unable to find anything appropriate at a reasonable price. Any suggestions welcome.

Reasonable price :eek: this is not the sort of job for "reasonable prices" :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back