Problems with Vaillant over Ecomax Pro 18E boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our boiler is just 15 months old and we are now into 3rd week with no central heating or hot water (apart from using emersion in the morning).

Before Xmas we had an F1 code problem which was fixed (new spark plug/ignitor) but 3 weeks ago we had an F10 code problem. Vaillant sent engineer to fix it. He has been over 3 times and replaced various things but on last visit he replaced the "board" but he believes it is incorrect as it doesn't fit/work.

Now Vaillant do not have the correct board in stock and do not know when it will be in!

Is it worth me paying out for my own corgi plumber to try and locate a board and fix it or should I just stay cold and wait for Vaillant to sort it out?

Thanks.

Troubs

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear this. Although it does not help, the problem with the parts supply is not Vaillant, but the numpties at Glow Worm who now unfortunately handle their supply :mad:

I can only suggest asking them to call other engineers to see if one has van stock that could be sent to you for your engineer.

Are you sure this was a Vaillant engineer and not a group service glow worm numpty?

F10 is telling you that the boiler thinks the ch return ntc is faulty. I assume he checked this first before diagnosing a new pcb :eek:

Are you sure this was a Vaillant engineer and not a group service glow worm numpty?

F10 is telling you that the boiler thinks the ch return ntc is faulty. I assume he checked this first before diagnosing a new pcb :eek:

I think you answered your own question somewhere in there!! :D

Hi, now you come to mention it they do say "Group Service" when you ring them but I was put through to them after calling Vaillant direct. Should I be going back to Vaillant to ask specifically for one of their engineers?

The engineer doesn't seem to be sure of what he's doing as on first 2 visits he changed what I believe were the overheat, flow and return thermostats (where the leads all go into the board) and he had trouble fitting those and had to call some one about the connections. Then he said it had to be the board as there was nothing else that could be wrong with it!

I lost faith after the first visit but don't know what else to do.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear this. Although it does not help, the problem with the parts supply is not Vaillant, but the numpties at Glow Worm who noew unfortunately handle their supply :mad:

I can only suggest asking them to call other engineers to see if one has van stock that could be sent to you for your engineer.

Is there any downloadable documents, or web site, that explains what these codes are?

OP just re-read your first post.

Get back to Vaillant, or your original installer. Your installer should be sorting this out for you as it is still under warranty.

Get him to book a service call through his sales manager who will insist on an original Vaillant engineer attend you.

FFS how can any engineer, let alone a manufacturers service engineer, fit a board that he does not even know if is the correct one :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back