Central heating system diagrams - Info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm really interested in plumbing and have been digging around on the net for information and pictures on my kind of central heating system. It's an old Gravity fed back boiler system with the main water tank and expantion in the loft.

I would love to know in detail just how the all operation happens - I mean from the minute the water is turned on from the rising main - where it goes and where does the water from the Rads go - what's the expantion tank in the loft for - etc etc. I just want to make a clear picture in my head as I assume will help me in the near future on any DIY projects I have to do.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
the rising main supplies two tanks in the loft a F & E tank (feed and exspansion) which tops up the central heatig when water is lost and a cold water storage tank which supplies the tap in the house ie kitchen and bathroom and also supplies the hot water cylinder. Some houses are ran off the mains therefore they dont need cold water storage tank. the water in the rads just circulate around the heating system and is heated up by the boiler. i hope this helps abit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back