Diverter valve parks and stays at heating only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help. I have rewired my central heating, but now when the heating goes off the diverter valve parks itself at heating only. When the heating turns back on it stays in this position until manually moved i.e. pushing it upward with the end of a screw driver. This must now be done every time the heating goes off then on. When the system turns off the central heating light on the timer/control seem to go half lit for a short time when the valve returns and parks at central heating only

The system has no room stats and no cylinder stat. I have sundial Landis and gyr timer/control rwb2 and a honeywell diverter motorised valve. I am baffled , I guess there is something the wrong way round.

Thanks and regards Ken

Sponsored Links
Certainly sounds like you have wired it up wrong. Check all the connections for DHW on & DHW off are in the right place.

Thanks I did try this but with no luck this cause the central heat to come on when it should be switched off and when turning both water and heating on , the heating turn off and still the diverter valve stayed stuck at its park position. Has any on got simple diagram without water stat and room stats.

Currently live neutral goes directly to the timer then to the junction box, only neutral is used at junction box.

1 3 4 postions are only used 2 being CHOFF what cable colour do these contect on the diverter valve these colours being orange, grey,white, earth, blue.

Could not using CHOFF cause the valve to park at the heating side only?

Thanks all rgd ken

. I have rewired my central heating, but now when the heating goes off the diverter valve parks itself at heating only. When the heating turns back on it stays in this position until manually moved i.e. pushing it upward with the end of a screw driver. This must now be done every time the heating goes off then on. When the system turns off the central heating light on the timer/control seem to go half lit for a short time when the valve returns and parks at central heating only

The system has no room stats and no cylinder stat.

What exactly HAVE you done?
Whatever it is, it is not compliant with building regs.
Without stats, the “controls” are as simple as it could be. As this is not even working, I would advise against further diy on the electricity.

Sponsored Links
Rewired maybe be a bit strong. I have just replaced the divertor valve and now wish to replaced the old mechanical timer hopefully using the original timer rwb2 backboard. But I do need to correct this problem first.
I did take note of positions etc but somehow i have mannage to switch a connection. All I need really is divertor valve cable colour to timer switch position 3 4 5 6.

Rgds.

I know that you are in Scotland but a room stat and a cylinder stat cost about £25 for the two and will save two or three times that amount in a year!

Tony

ken_scot27 said:
I have rewired my central heating...

I am baffled , I guess there is something the wrong way round.
Currently live neutral goes directly to the timer then to the junction box, only neutral is used at junction box.
Rewired maybe be a bit strong.
So what would be an accurate description of what you did to the wiring?

All I need really is divertor valve cable colour to timer switch position 3 4 5 6.
No you don't - put down the screwdrivers and BACK AWAY.

Now call someone competent and ask them to fix it.

Ok thanks for all your help , I know this is quite simple so i will work it out myself.

Agile I do have thermostatic valves in all rooms, thanks. Yes I am in Scotland. Whats your point in this? I would hope it is not some English racist slur.

rgds

Agile will never answer a direct question, especially when it highlights the fact that he's a bigoted racist.

If he answers this it will be to claim that he can't be racist because he (a) was joking, (b) likes to eat curry, and (c) has many close friends who are Filipino (who were very good value for money).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back