Triton Power Shower Leaking after Central Heating Install???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

I'm new to the forum so hopefully someone can help me out. Had new central heating installed at the weekend and everything seems fine apart from the shower has started to leak (it didn't before). All I know is that it a triton power shower and the leak is coming from the plastic pipes inside.

Is this anything to do with the cental heating system or is it the shower that's decided to pack in.???

thanks guys. oh and great site... :confused:

Had to turn the water off whilst I go to work. .. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If it is a mains electric one then the problem is coincidental.

It is coincidental you were using it more when your CH was being replaced ;)

Erm...not sure what your talking about??. I'm thinking the pressure is different so i need to buy a new shower that is combi compatible?? any suggestions.. :confused:

if it's a power shower that feeds from gravity hot/cold and now you have had a combi fitted and it's now connected to mains hot/cold it will leak

Sponsored Links
All electric showers should have a pressure reducing valve fitted, governing the mains pressure to the unit. Normally set at 3 bar pressure.
This protects the unit if the main to your property suddenly increases.
(Does happen when water board work on mains nearby etc...)

If your main is quite powerful, and it has been switched off for work elsewhere in your property, once it is turned back on, the force of the main hitting the shower unit can cause leaks and problems.
The first thing Triton will ask you when you call them is if a pressure reducing valve has been fitted.
This also applies to water softners.
I hope this helps.

**** advert removed - please see forum rules *****

All electric showers should have a pressure reducing valve fitted, governing the mains pressure to the unit. Normally set at 3 bar pressure.
This protects the unit if the main to your property suddenly increases.
(Does happen when water board work on mains nearby etc...)

If your main is quite powerful, and it has been switched off for work elsewhere in your property, once it is turned back on, the force of the main hitting the shower unit can cause leaks and problems.
The first thing Triton will ask you when you call them is if a pressure reducing valve has been fitted.
This also applies to water softners.
I hope this helps.

**** advert removed - please see forum rules *****

Think you should read the forum rules Doc before the mods wake up :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back