ch not obeying thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
G'day, I've a Stelrad Ideal Classic NF40 boiler with a Honeywell ST6300A programmer & H/well T40 t/stat in the lounge.The ch comes on at the right times, cuts out as you'd expect but then refuses to come back on other than by turning the boiler off & on. Anyone know what's playing up ?

Sponsored Links
Either you room has reached temperature that the thermostat is set at or more probably duff thermostat.

Cheers Anon , I was pretty (years ago) much set on that but also wondered if a heat sink effect might mess up the settings as t/stat
is on wall between neighbours even though the air temp. is obviously well below the t/stat setting.

I also have a Stelrad Ideal Classic boiler and have the same problem. Have you managed to resolve the problem, if so how??

Cheers

chadspad said:
G'day, I've a Stelrad Ideal Classic NF40 boiler with a Honeywell ST6300A programmer & H/well T40 t/stat in the lounge.The ch comes on at the right times, cuts out as you'd expect but then refuses to come back on other than by turning the boiler off & on. Anyone know what's playing up ?

Sponsored Links
sorry, thought this was dead in the water. turned out boiler PCB was fragged. Fine & dandy once new one fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back