ALPHA Boiler - no hot water but heating OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have an Alpha CB28 Combi Boiler which is doing a very strabge thing. If I turn on the central heating system it works a dream, however if I only want to get hot water out of the taps no go! What could it be and can I fix it myself?

Sponsored Links
Do a search on Diaphragm, and Diverter Valve.
Legally you can do it, if you are competent!

Thanks for that - if it is the diverter valve that is gone where can I get it from and could someone give me a headstart as to how to go about fixing it?

Get hold of the Installation and Maintanance Instructions - not sure if on the web.

Sponsored Links
If memory serves, you're lucky. Alpha is one of the few makers that actually sells a replacement div valve diaphragm as an official spare part.

It's more likely to be the horse shoe switch that clips on to the divertor valve.When you remove the switch from the divertor the boiler should fire up.Open and close the switch with your finger to ensure that the boiler fire every time the switch is released.If it dosent then its the switch if it does then its the diaghram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back