Hot water runs slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I first moved into the house the hot water had excellent pressure, 4 years later I'm finding that the hot water comes out at first with excellent pressure, but then drops off and steadily becomes a trickle... for example, running the bath is fine for the first 30 secs, and then if I turn the sink tap on it will stop the bath taps from running, and I find when showering I keep having to turn the hot tap up until it is nearly on full just to balance with the cold, I have noticed too that the hot water has got VERY Hot over the last few months!!

Can anybody advise me what to do to get the pressure back?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay in getting back!

My boiler is an Ideal Classic Se18FF

and the Central Heating tank is an Megaflow Heatrae Sadia

As I mention it is not until recently it has started to run slow after a couple of minute

Cheers

Sponsored Links
When you open the taps and get lots off pressure, and this drops its probably a filter blocked. You need to find the fillters and than clean them try this

I think the pressure reducing valve on a mega flow has a filter in.I m not sure , i need to check over some gumf

Cheers Andy, my next question was going to be where do I find the filters lol!!

It should be on the the mains water pipe entering the megaflow.

Basically a brass thing with a black plastic cap on.
Isolate the water first, unscrew this with a bucket underneath. remove the filter and clean under running water.

Sometimes the double check valve gets stuck. give this a tap with something hard or replace it.

You might want to find a picture off a reducing valve first on the internet before you get started.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back