BATH TAP/SHOWER MIXER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all this is my first post here so hope you can help.
I have just finished fitting a new bathroom all looks great but the hot water pressure to the bath is weak to say the least, the cold is fine. When I try to use the shower from the mixer tapsits just a trickle. What I'm hoping someone can tell me is I can add a shower pump to it to get better pressure. I have a spare Mira ppt3 pump but I'm not sure if I can use it to get more hot water pressure to the bath taps and hence the shower head.
Any advice would ease the frustration as its spoiling anotherwise good job done.

Sponsored Links
Is the flow very weak out of the tap itself or just the shower attachment of it? What is the flow like to the basin?

Is the hot feed 22mm? Did you use a flexi hose on the hot? The internal bore of the flexis can be quit narrow and restrict flow.

i take it your cold is mains fed and the hot is gravity so your pump will be of no use

Is the flow very weak out of the tap itself or just the shower attachment of it? What is the flow like to the basin?

Is the hot feed 22mm? Did you use a flexi hose on the hot? The internal bore of the flexis can be quit narrow and restrict flow.

Thanks for the quick reply, I used 15mm plastic pipe with push fit connectors run to a flexi hose for both hot and cold. I used the same fittings for the sink taps and the pressure seems normal there. I am perplexed The pressure to the bath hot water tap is weak too

Sponsored Links
Was the flow OK on the OLD taps before the refurb?
Assume yes or you would not be asking the question.

If it was OK before and all you have done is maybe cut back the pipework, added some plastic and a flexi, can only assume its a problem with the tap! Did you have a mixer before or seperate hot and cold taps?

Thanks for the quick reply, I used 15mm plastic pipe with push fit connectors run to a flexi hose for both hot and cold. I used the same fittings for the sink taps and the pressure seems normal there. I am perplexed The pressure to the bath hot water tap is weak too
the flex pipe from the mixer tap to the shower head is probably too small bore get a bigger bore one and try it .anyway they are brutal showerrs at best so my advise would be to fit a dedicated proper pumped shower unit.

Thanks for the advice I think I may go for an electric shower, would that work better?

You still have not said if the flow to the hot is the same or worse than before you did the plumbing work.... :rolleyes: if its worse then it must be the reduced bore on the flexi's as been said a few times, or an incorrect mixer type

Regarding the electric shower, never liked them myself, would say they never give a GOOD shower and unless there was one there before..........................

Your gonna need an easy route for 10mm cable back to your consumer unit, a spark to do it and certify the work, a spare place for teh consumer unit to take the RCD (think thats correct).....not to mention a cold supply and cable to the shower, which I assume as you have finished the bathroom would mean unsightly trunking etc on your nice new tiles? :evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back