kitchen taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
will flexible tap connectors fit any make of kitchen taps ?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Flexible tap connectors? If you mean the likes of connectors on a washing machine hose then, yes

Just a cautionary note, Not all taps have the same fittings. Besides the standard "tap connector" types, some mixer taps have tails (copper tubes that screw into the bottom of the tap with an O rings). Most of these tails end as a plain 15mm copper pipe but some even end with a smaller one (10mm I think).

If you're putting in the flexible hoses, it is worth putting in some issolator valves at the ends of your pipe runs. That way, if you want to remove the taps later, you simply close the issolators and unscrew the flexible hose.

I usually get the flexible hoses with a tap connector one end, and a compression fitting the other. I then select my in line issolator valve to suit. ie:
If I am fitting taps with standard tap connectors, I use issolator valves with a compression joint both ends, a small piece of 15mm pipe in the outlet connects to the compression fitting on the flexible hose, leaving the tap connector end to fit to the tap.

If I am fitting taps with the copper tails, I fit issolator valves with the tap adapter at it's outlet. This then fits the tap adapter end of the flexible hose leaving the compression fitting free for the tap tails.

BTW. When you come to buy these parts go to a plumbers merchant. You'd be surprised at the difference in cost compared to the sheds. Prices at my local plumbers merchants are about 90p for the issolators, and a quid each for the flexible hoses. In fact, you can get a pack of ten for about the same price as a pair from B&Q.

PS. You can get the flexible hoses with a built in issolator valve and push fit connection. These generally look a bit cheepo to me and also mean that, in the event that you want to remove the tap, you would have to remove the hose at the tap end. This is generally less accessible than the inlet end. Having said this, they're probably fine, just me being an old fuddy duddy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back