roof pitch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just checked my height of my trusses on the drawings my truss supplier gave me,and the truss will fowl my upstairs bathroom window i think the roof pitch at the moment is 15 degrees. how much can i lower the pitch by to accomodate the truss,counter battens tiles and leadwork??
cheers

Sponsored Links
If you are tiling your roof i don't think you can go below 15 degrees, as any roof lower than 15 degrees is classified as a flat roof, the reason being the wind will blow rain water underneath your tiles because they are not steep enough to take the rain away. I have worked on a few roofs with this problem, the only thing that keeps the roofspace dry is the underfelt once it rots away the water starts coming in big time, you could try decra metal tiles i think they can be laid at a lower pitch although you would have to confirm this.

the said roof is at the back of my house and dosent get much rain would this help if i had a shallower roof pitch?

Sponsored Links
Redland do a tile which goes down to 12.5 degrees.

IIrC a flat roof is below 10 degrees

raise the sill or re-position the window.

a marley wessex will deal with a minimum pitch of 15 degrees.

raise the sill or..............

the said roof is at the back of my house and dosent get much rain would this help if i had a shallower roof pitch?

A roof that doesn't get much rain? In Scotland?
:rolleyes:
Is it actually pointing towards the sky :?:

there is an interlocking tile suitable to 11.5 degrees povided there are no vallys hips etc (gable to gable only).. Why not simply construct a small lead flat below the cill level and keep a sensile pitch

Redland do a tile which goes down to 12.5 degrees.

IIrC a flat roof is below 10 degrees
If the lowest pitch recommended for single lap tiles, and a flat roof is below 10 degrees what system is suitable for 10 degrees to 11.5 degrees, decra metal tiles perhaps?

Redland regent will do 11.5 on a straight forward no vally or hip roof.anything below might be Decra or scantiles.. not sure about metal sheet type Systems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back