My Baxi 80 eco combi Boiler - no hot water coming from taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can someone offer some advice please...

I have the above boiler and recently it's started playing up. The heating works fine but now when I turn the taps on the boiler doesn't immediately fire up. It varies between taps with different pressure too eg the tap downstairs in the kitchen with good pressure fires up the boiler after about 10 sec but the shower upstairs can take forever, if at all! If I turn the kitchen tap on before I go upstairs to the shower, turn the shower on, then turn the kitchen tap off that's usually good enought to keep it going.

A mate has suggested the diverter valve might be faulty? Any ideas??

Cheers for any help

Steve

PS the pressure is 1 bar when cool and I've noticed that the rads get really really hot. cheers

Sponsored Links
Not sure if they have a flow sensor?
Sounds like the rubber diaphragm in the diverter valve has perished. Not expensive to replace.
have you had the case off?
Check if the pin moves freely on diverter valve.

Sponsored Links
Yep you were spot on col77 - it was indeed a split split diaphragm in the diverter valve - although the split was tiny but apparently enough to destablise the pressures on either side. Total cost £122 (inc parts) :cry: - I'll have a go myself next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back