advice re changing room stat on honeywell fully pumped syste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i wonder is someone could give me some advice, it relates to the wiring for my fully pumped honeywell Y system which incorporates a 3 way mid position valve with a cylinder stat and a room stat, the system i put in myself in 1986 and has served me well, however i did not wire up the electrics (looked a nightmare for me ) and the electrician who did it i have lost contact with, the question is this i would like to replace my honeywell T6360 room stat (it is the rectangular one in green with a dial on the front, inside there are four terminals 1,2 3, and 4 from the top to the bottom in that order, there is no power to number one however there is permanent live to terminals 2 and 3, and terminal 4 is the switched live (when i turn up the stat terminal 4 becomes live,
This is what i would like to do i wish to replace this somewhat outdated stat with a new horstman centaurstat 7 but i am not sure what terminals i should use,
before you say anything the terminals are not colour coded, the cable i aquired at the time was/is heat resistant butal numbered 1 ,2,3,4, hence that is how it is wired up,
any suggestions would be gratefully received

many thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
I thought terminal 1 was live in and 2 was the neutral on this stat :confused:

Cant see why you'd have 2 permanent lives anyway :confused:

Hi i agree 3 wires makes sense, but as you can see from the picture i have four, as i said the top has nothing going to it, the middle two appear live, and when i turn up the room stat the bottom one becomes live, suggestion that that is the swiched live, very strange !!

Sponsored Links
I think perphaps you could be right and this is not the model i stated, as i said i was given the room stat by my brother in law some 25 yrs ago, it was new at the time , but i am not sure what the model number is, it was wired up by a "highly qualified electrician" who worked on offshore installations and the like and the system has worked perfectly, the reason for the numbered cable was it was brand new butal (fire resistant) and i was given it, so made good use of it, (i suppose in hindsight a diagram giving what numbers went to where would have been a good idea, but hey hindsight's a wonderful thing, but thanks for looking dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back