boiler problem on heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! we have a Gloworm micron 50ff boiler fiited with Gloworm 7 day programmer and a two motorized valve set up. Hot water is fine valve,pump & boiler all responding to stat on tank.
But heating not o.k. after advice from mate tried fitting new Drayton ZA5 valve actuator but no difference.
Room stat makes valve and pump operate but boiler will not kick in.
Have just fitted new Grundfoss pump (old one knackered)and that is running perfectly.
Any ideas

Sponsored Links
I thought, from memory, that the micron pcb controls the pump, not the zone valve.

From here it sounds like the sw/l to the boiler from the ch zone valve, has been wired to the pump instead :confused:

Thanks for your replies

When I changed the Drayton actuator it was a one wire at a time job so should be correct
We still have the same problem heating only when H.W. is on !
I put a multi meter across the grey and orange wires from the micro switch on the new actuator and when wife switched on the main supply only showed power for a few seconds then dropped away to zilch.
According to the Drayton leaflet the switch is a spst type does that mean it should only work for a few seconds ?
Do I try anew Gloworm programmer next ?
P.S. room stat turne way up when testing micro switch

Sponsored Links
I put a multi meter across the grey and orange wires from the micro switch on the new actuator and when wife switched on the main supply only showed power for a few seconds then dropped away to zilch.

i think you're not too competent with meter.

as soon as switch closes there wont be any voltage reading on meter, but it does sound as though its working

Here is the wiring diagram for an S-Plan, which is what your type of system is called. Use it to check that your installation is wired correctly ;)

It shows the pump wired to the junction box but, as gas4you says, it might be wired directly to the boiler; so don't worry if the pump is not wired to the junction box.

8awjmvp.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back