Tapping Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house which is just over 50 years old. I am in the basement and am constantly experiencing a "tapping" sounds coming from the pipes in the walls and ceiling. I cannot sleep because of this and it does not subside when water is running and continues almost all the time. Is this Water Hammer? If not, any suggestions?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Check carefully that you do not have a leak somewhere. The tapping could be dripping water!. You don't say how fast or slow the tapping is ?

The tapping is the pipes! If it happens everytime the boiler comes on and goes off. I know is sounds wrong but it is. You need to lag the pipes.

Sponsored Links
Shovel hello and welcome to the forums, you are replying in vain, as if you look at when the origonal post was made it was December 02, so i should say it is fixed by now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back