Is my Baxi 105HE Instant realy loosing water ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem with my father in laws 105 HE Inst ( i know go on, get over the laughing fit) Anyway, loosing presure, or is it ?

The gauge is reading 0 so top it upto 1.5 and away it goes. 10 mins later 0 again. I noticed their was a slight drip for the relief valve so i twisted it till it let water pass then let go to dislodge any ****e that may have been preventing a seal.

Fired up the boiler for another 10 mins. Noticed it was still dripping so the valve was replaced. The pressure issue is still the same BUT i have noticed the boiler still runs ok and heats the rads ok even with no pressure.

Also, if i top up to 1.5 bar, once the boiler fires up and runs for 10 mins or so the relief valve dumps a load of water out? Could this be simply a faulty gauge ? and its reading low so i am over filling the system and the valve is dumping excess pressure ?

Sponsored Links
cheers clf-gas.

is there a way of checking this without replacing the gauge ? Or would you simply fit a new one and have done with it ?

Sponsored Links
Baxmax,

The boiler is just under 2 years old, would you expect a problem with this so soon ?

Am i looking for a leak ?

I had a light bulb in one room in our house that lasted 12 years,whilst in another room the same model and make of light bulb only lasted two months :eek:

baxi have had a problem with expansion vessels on instants, isolate boiler dump the pressure and pump expansion vessel up to 1 bar then open isolating valves and set system pressure to 1bar

There is a chance it may be the secondary heat x :(

I had a light bulb in one room in our house that lasted 12 years,whilst in another room the same model and make of light bulb only lasted two months :eek:

Cheers bax. Very helpful thanks.

I shall tell him to get a boiler guy in. I aint messing with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back