two ovens and hob wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a slight problem which hopefully somebody can help me with. I have seen and read many other items similar to this on the forum and apologise for adding another which have been very useful, but none are quite like the situation what I have and I really would like to know how to resolve it.

2 single ovens - 2.8kw and 3.6kw
Induction Hob - 7.3kw

I have 10mm cable from cu (10m) to ccu (45amp) and 10mm from ccu to outlet plate (1m)

What would be the best way to wire the three appliance. I would really like to attach them all to the outlet plate but this may not be possible.

Look forward to hearing your ideas

Sponsored Links
You'll have to forgive me, as it's early and all my reference info is at work, but in the first instance it looks like you've got too much load if you're running this on just one circuit.

I belive that 45amp take just over 10kW (10350w ish), and your total load is 13.7kW full demand.

I've experienced this in the past and I've had customers say 'oh I wont use it all at the same time', but I've learnt to presume they will.

At first glance I would have to say that you need at least another circuit, and would suggest putting the hob on the seperate circuit. Ideally though, with loads this high individual circuits would be preferred.

Anyways, gotta get goin, I'll check the C.C.C. of a 10.0mm as well to confirm it's capable.

Could you consider connecting smaller oven into the kitchen ring with a 13 Amp plug instead of connecting to the cooker outlet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back