Waterproof paint for inside of single brick outbuilding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've built a single brick outbuilding, and now before I put anything inside it I want to paint the walls with a waterproof type of paint to prevent the possibility of any damp coming through the brick work.

Which type/make of paint would be best for this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thompson's water seal? Goes on the outside, never used it so can't vouch.

Inside use aquaseal liquid dpm.

if you can find a 'paint' that will prevent damp ingress and have a lasting effect, post the miracle cure on this forum. :eek: :LOL:

that said, there are measures you can take to help reduce the problem.

Water Seal applied to the outside of brick work can cause as many problems as it cures. Bricks need to 'breathe' Much of the moisture comes from water vapour from the humidity inside the building migrating out. If you trap it with Water Seal applied to the outside it will collect into damp patches. PVA, Unibond etc diluted and painted on the inside is probably the simplest solution.

Best of luck.

Sponsored Links
speaking from bitter experience, the only thing that will come close to doing the job is something like RIW. Smelly and horrible to put on but it does the job

if you can find a 'paint' that will prevent damp ingress and have a lasting effect, post the miracle cure on this forum. :eek: :LOL:

that said, there are measures you can take to help reduce the problem.

There once was a guy called freddie who posted on here he invented a magical paint that stopped render cracking hes not been on for a while so maybe he might be working on this other magical paint you speak of :LOL:

There once was a guy called freddie who posted on here he invented a magical paint that stopped render cracking hes not been on for a while so maybe he might be working on this other magical paint you speak of :LOL:

is he the guy who loves pva?:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back