Wasps around swimming pool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is probablynot considered a diy project, but any suggestions on how to keep wasps (paper wasps) away from the swimming pool? My grandkids have a terrible time swmming with so many wasps swooping in to the pool.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
put somthing sweet and sticky where you dont go in your garden
and hopfully this will attract the wasps it will of course attract them
from other areas[gardens]but it might help

just a thought

big all

When I was a kid we always made wasp traps.
A jam jar with nail holes punched in the top with some jam in the jar.
The wasps went in but the barbs from the nail holes stopped them getting out.
Put it where you wanted to entice the wasps to.
Problem solved.

Sponsored Links
When I was a kid, I used to catch them and feed them to my pet spiders. :evil: A decent garden spider will lasso the sting, and then pull it out whole, before despatching the victim. Kids tend to find this sort of thing, both entertaining and educational, in a macabre sort of way. :)

thank you all for your great suggestions; i think I am going to apply all suggestions, except, that I may not try catching the wasp to feed the spider. I'm too frighten of wasps/bees to try that!!! :LOL:

This is a Whizz, 'poppa.
Seen many years ago ... have never tried myself.

Mix wasp killing powder with mashed fish, roll into very small balls on old plate .. preferably yellow ... cover with a domed piece of chicken wire ... ie allows insects access but nothing larger.
Place near where wasps frequent ... hopefully they carry the balls to their nest which pretty soon dies off.

I think researchers used balls of mashed fish to enable wasp flight path monitoring ... they are a larger dot in the sky when carrying !!

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back