Insulating behind tongue and groove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to start overhauling our bathroom walls. One wall I plan to remove the tiles (which are roughly waist high) and then replace the tiles with tongue and groove. The house is old and walls are largely plaster and lathe so I'm guessing I'll take most of the plaster off when I remove the tiles. My plan is to just take the plaster off and replace it with plasterboard then put the tongue and groove over the top. I'd also like to put some insulation behind the plasterboard just to keep the heat in a bit better. Does anyone have any ideas what I could use?

Sponsored Links
Insulation backed plasterboard. Or insulated tile backer (aquapanel thermal)

Can't see the point of plastering then covering with T&G.

I would run some horizontal 25x50 battens fixed to the brickwork, shim as required to get flat & plumb and fill between the spaces with 25mm celotex or kingspan insulation. You can then secret nail your T&G straight to the battens

This will have far more insulation value than Aquapanel thermal and not encroach onto the room as much as dot & dabbed thermal plasterboard.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back