Soil Pipe under house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We're looking at running a new soil pipe to an existing man-hole

Does this plan sound feasible ?

1) Down into porch
2) Vertical Down through doorstep (in porch)
3) 90degree bend to horizontal and under house wall (now under floor in living room)
4) Horizontal (with fall !!) under floor to other side of house
5) Under other house wall
6) approx 2 feet to man-hole
7) vertical drop to base of manhole with some kind of elbow at the bottom to point the nasty stuff the right way

BC seem happy but any pointers on:

1) length of lintel (9" sold walls)
2) what kind of pipe do i have to use ? Is push fit OK or does it have to be solvent weld ?
3) If we got this done by a builder any pointers on costs (am a bit nervous of chopping bricks out from the house walls ??
4) any other pointers ?

Cheers and thanks in advance

steve

Sponsored Links
Concrete lintles about 18" long on each side. Brown Osma drain push fit under ground and normal Black or grey Marley soil pipe aboce ground.

regards the vertical drop in the man hole - you may need to install a 90deg branch as opposed to a 90deg bend, to facilitate rodding.

is the manhole deep?

thanks folks

got ya re the branch in the manhole

yeah the manhole is 1.3m approx deep. BC said i didn't need to slope down to the bottom of it (thanks god !)

ok so sound like i cut out 4 bricks (2 wide and two deep?) and put a 18" by 9" lintel in ? and then cut the soil pipe hole out below that (doesn't sound so scary ...) - probably a silly question but will I need to support the wall while doing this or is the hole small enough to not worry ?

Sponsored Links
you can cut a 9" x 9" hole in constructed brickwork without lintels or worrying about structural integrity.

you can cut a 9" x 9" hole in constructed brickwork without lintels or worrying about structural integrity.

Thanks for that - LABC wanted to see concrete lintels to stop the wall collapsing onto the soil pipe !

So thats what he will get !

ta

And make sure your benching in the manhole is up to scratch if dropping into it from a height.

And make sure your benching in the manhole is up to scratch if dropping into it from a height.

when constructing a vertical m/h drop, the pipe must have a bend at the bottom to direct the foul waste into and toward the outgoing channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back