Can i use a roll of plastic 22 pipe or use lengths

M

marsaday

i am adding a flow /return to the boiler for UFH (22mm). Can i use a roll of pipe and cut it accordingly or do i need to buy the straight 3m lengths. this way i will be able to use less fittings. Will a roll be more hassle laying through joists etc.

Sponsored Links
can it easily be moved around (fed through holes drilled in the joists).

i understand you use a complete piece of pipe under a screed, but this is just the feed to the manifold from the boiler i am on about. the distance is approx 17m

Yeah its quite flexible but make sure it aint tight through holes ..

Sponsored Links
Yep, but you can't connect directly to the boiler.

Don't scratch the outer skin of the pipe where you are to terminate - it invalidates the leakage warranty. Best wrap ends in tape to protect them.

When drilling joists you will need to be absolutely straight with the holes, you will almost certainly need an angle drill for this task.

And you thought our job was easy.

Yep, but you can't connect directly to the boiler.

Don't scratch the outer skin of the pipe where you are to terminate - it invalidates the leakage warranty. Best wrap ends in tape to protect them.

When drilling joists you will need to be absolutely straight with the holes, you will almost certainly need an angle drill for this task.

And you thought our job was easy.
surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif
:LOL:

thanks for advice. i will tape up.

is the angle drill a whole unit or is it a BIT you fit onto your own drill. Can i hire this drill if this is what i need ?

You can hire em or buy 1 or you can get a right angle attachment which goes on the end of your normal drill ..

If I can chip in here on right angle attachments. I needed one for DIY duties, shopped around and bought a Clarke. First use it needed resting after a couple of holes because the bearings were getting hot. :( It then managed a grand total of 13 holes, which took ages because of the need to go easy, before it failed on completely the 14th. A replacement didn't even manage one hole. :eek: Maybe they had a bad batch or maybe it just wasn't man enough, but I had wasted enough time and the only alternative I could find quickly was from Screwfix. The Screwfix one seemed a bit pricey for what it is, but it has given me good service, never needs resting, and shows no signs of distress so far.

i will hire or my mate can lend me one as he designs power tools and they have everything at their place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back