Hair Dye Stain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any suggestions as to what is the most effective way to remove hair dye from skin?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Had same problem do sympathise. I used a make-up remover wipe(nivea), it worked a treat. Good luck.

Here is how my hairdresser takes out hair dye - so does my wifes hairdresser. Look up "Erado-Sol" on google.com. To get hair dye out of towels/clothing: ASAP put ERADO-SOL on the dye and wash it out. For my wifes forehead he uses a tissue or gauze pad with a little Erado-Sol on it and the dye is removed 100%. As with any soap, DON'T GET IT IN YOUR EYES, IT STINGS. When taking stains out of colored fabric, FIRST TEST AN INCONSPICUOUS AREA for color fastness.
The Florida Panthers NHL team uses it to remove blood from their equipment in seconds rather than the 15 minutes under running cold water it used to take. Actually, the USA Under 20 team just heard about it and ordered it a couple weeks ago.
How about FOOD & WINE magazine (October 2003). Cover story, 125 reasons we love wine, ERADO-SOL - BEST WINE-STAIN REMOVER. The University of California-Davis did a study in the summer of 2000 on getting out red wine stains and ERADO-SOL was the BEST commercially available product they tested. Yes, Wine Away & Wine Out lost to ERADO-SOL.
How about berries, lipstick, beets, iodine, etc. - no problem.

Hi...

I am a blond and I dye my hair black. I found that carbon removes dye from skin. You can use ashes from incense, cigarettes, wood or any other ashes. Grab a rag and wrap it around your finger and dampen it a little bit, dip the rag in the ashes and rub the stain in small circles. It's amazing and I couldn't believe it actually worked.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a stain out from my good towel. I can't believe how far hair dye can fly.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back