diagnose my over pressure in heatline combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
tired of so-called plumbers and heating engineers wanting to change parts on my boiler till its fixed!!
the syptoms:
pressure rises into red consistently with time within 15 mins, then blows off through pressure relief valve,resulting in boiler shut down when cold.
pressure does not rise when cold- so ive dismissed 1 engineers idea to change filling loop.
blow off valve only operates when pressure of system in red and 3bar +- so again ive dismissed changeing this- as in my mind its operating as norm
expansion vessels have been mentioned to me but cannot be explained to me how to test, what the pressures should be when hot and cold- all ican get is shrug of shoulders when i ask them to test it.
the system has been installed 5 years, theres always a build up crap around the internal of taps, from reading on here, systems need to be flushed????
please advise as very wary of engineers that fill me with no confidence,
kind regards,
tommy 07971 978044

Sponsored Links
Pressure vessel will most likely be the answer..
you will see a valve on the vessel like a tyre valve. If you push the pin in like your letting a tyre down then if you get water come out then its split inside,, if you dont get water then it needs pumping back up to the requited pressure which will be in the manufacturers instructions ..

thanx for the reassurance men- 1 hour on- ive hooked up my battery breakdown pack, that allows u to pump ur car tyres up, walered 10 psi in, it is acting differently but early days.
ive read further into this system flushing- and im interested- can any 1 tell me how to inject into the system- i dont fully understand the reference to adding it through the expansion vessel-so please be obvious-could i jus put a powerball into the highest radiator,- dont laugh- it works a treat on cars- if any1thats responded wants help/advice on there vehicle probs- please dont hesitate to call- - and then id have to repressurise the system/ bleeding thoroughly / balancing- again please be obvious- i have only the experience that ive gained by talking to ejits, and spending 25mins on this website-(not ejits), kind regards, woody 07971 978044

Sponsored Links
You can get the stuff that comes in a tube and you use a silicon gun to inject into a rad via the bleed nipple,, instructions will come with the tube which you can get from a plumbing supplies ..
Oh and unless you know about FTO's then you aint touchin my car :LOL:

job seems to be a fish now men- heating engineers- ive **** em better round where i live- thanx for ur help. kind regards, tommy

tired of so-called plumbers and heating engineers wanting to change parts on my boiler till its fixed!!

please advise as very wary of engineers that fill me with no confidence,
kind regards,

tommy 07971 978044

Its better to get a boiler engineer rather than a general plumber!

The best are confident of their diagnostic skills and will offer a no-fix no-fee!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back