Hard water does it effect dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this site but looks good for the info.
We have lived in our house for five years and have a whirlpool ADG7540. We had problems with it bleeping all the time and not finishing its cycle. We had a water softener put in and i cleaned the bottom of the dishwasher and sprayed using a syringe hot water into the black filter, it has cured it and now for a year we haven't had a problem.
My neighbour has had a similar problem and i tried the same with hers, it seemed good we put it in rinse mode and water came in and it seemed ok but near the end it suddenly kept bleeping. Is it possible that limescale can build up in that filter, if not should we just keep putting really hot water down there.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
presumably you and your neighbour have both been putting salt in the salt container of the miniature softener within the dishwasher? If so the filter usually collects food particles, not lime.

If you say the number of bleeps someone will be able to decode them and say what the fault is.

We have a water softener and have been putting salt in the dishwasher. I think she may have only just started to do that. If she keeps it filled up and tries the rinse cycle a few times will this cure it.

I don't know what the fault is, or, therefore, the solution.

count the number of bleeps.

Sponsored Links
The machine just keeps bleeping until you open the door, so there isn't a specific number. We stop it after at least ten bleeps.

Just to add to the topic, we used to put it on the cleaning cycle and it would clean then when it got to the rinsing cycle it would start to clear then keep beeping, no particular number just continous until i squirted the black filter with hot water and its been fine but it isn't working with my neighbours machine. At least water is going into it now but not completing the cycle, as i mentioned it just stops near the end and keeps beeping continously.

so it doesn't go "beep beep beep" (pause) "beep beep beep"? (3)

Or "beep beep" (pause) "beep beep"? (2)

the 85 number is required to determine which machine.
The start light will be flashing and, depending on age, will be flashing an error code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back