POTTERTON MYSON PRIMA B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i am the unfortunate owner from new of the above boiler which is now approx 13 years old.

First problem was the thermo coupling/er (would not ignite and stay lit) new one replaced problem solved.

New problem, the pilot light is lit, the honeywell controls are lit, telling me the central heating is on, but the rads are cold as ice. Thermo stat in hallway is calling for heat but its not coming on.

When i've clicked c heating on, the actual boiler does not make the usual 'whooshing' sound as if it's firing up.
I have run upstairs to check the pump in tank cupboard, it is vibrating/on, this also works for the hot water.

Now do i cut my losses and invest in a new boiler, and what exactly is this boiler, ie, combi etc. And what type should i be looking at if purchasing a new one and roughly what price.

replies would be most appreciated.

Thanks

jackjack

also should mention that when rads (when working!) Are off the water is red hot, when water and rads are both on the rads are only warm and the hot water is just 'hot' not boiling. Is this significant

last edited by jackjack on sun apr 20, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the boiler overheat thermostat button hasn't popped out? (if it has there may be an underlying problem). Might be near the main boiler thermostat knob.

Forgive my ignorance but is this the same red reset button you press when the pilot light goes out and wont stay relit, which you have to wait for so many seconds before you try again, or can you just tell me in which direction i should be looking!

Thanks!

Please don't write in all-capitals
Mod

It's the little (normally red/brown) cross shaped button next to the main thermostat knob not the gas valve knob that may have red markings (SIT valve).

Sponsored Links
i am the unfortunate
owner from new of the above boiler which is now approx 13 years old.

First problem was the thermo coupling/er (would not ignite and stay lit) new one replaced problem solved.

13 years and one thermocouple that really is unfortunate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back