Alpha cb24 cutting out...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
alpha seems to be cutting out and needs re setting every now and again... happens on both hot water and central heating. Iv changed the primary ntc and the overheat stat... the boffins at alpha said change these... they havnt worked so Im scratching my head atm...

has any one come across this problem or can they help in any way. thankyou

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem with a cb28 and changed both sensors without any improvement , it turned out to be sludge across the Heat Exchanger reducing the flow rate thus causing the boiler to lockout .... has the heating circuit been cleaned ? how old is the installation ? remove a downstairs rad and see what comes out ?
hope this helps
Hass

I had a similar problem with a cb28 and changed both sensors without any improvement , it turned out to be sludge across the Heat Exchanger reducing the flow rate thus causing the boiler to lockout .... has the heating circuit been cleaned ? how old is the installation ? remove a downstairs rad and see what comes out ?
hope this helps
Hass

they have been complaining of rads not working aswell. sounds like a good flush might be on the cards.

Sponsored Links
gave it a flush and its only cut out once since then...

I power flushed it with x400...i put x400 in the system ready to drain and manually flush all the rads in a week or so... looking good tho!

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back