wiring up a neff 2.8 kw oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one tell me if i can just plug a neff 2.8kw oven just into a 13amp plug switched socket iam in the process of fitting a new kitchen and there is no dedicated cooker socket

Sponsored Links
You can just plug it in using a 13 amp plug, it draws around 12 amps so will be fine. You should probably check the size of the protective device on the kitchen sockets first though, as you might look like a bit of an idiot if it's a 20 amp radial circuit and you put the dishwasher and kettle on at the same time.

You can just plug it in using a 13 amp plug, it draws around 12 amps so will be fine. You should probably check the size of the protective device on the kitchen sockets first though, as you might look like a bit of an idiot if it's a 20 amp radial circuit and you put the dishwasher and kettle on at the same time.

thank you for the info . my circuit breaker in the fuse box is a 32amp i have 2 of them 1 for the up stairs sockets and 1 for the down stairs .

So you don't have a separate one for the kitchen? In this case, are the washing machine, tumble dryer etc. on the ground floor, also running off these sockets? What other large items do you have on the ground floor that might be running at the same time as the oven etc. What about the fridge freezer? Is it all RCD protected?

Sponsored Links
my living room down stairs is on one 32amp rcd in the fuse box and my kitchen and all the sockets up stairs are on another 32amp ciruit in the fuse box. i my fridge is in the kitchen with my washing machine and a tumble drier but i never have them on all at once will i still be ok to blug the oven into a 13 amp socket ? and will the oven come with cable or will i have to buy special cable and what size?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back