Door handle bolts dont fit doors!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought several sets of brushed nickle door handle sets from Homebase for fitting to Premdor firecheck doors which are standard size and made of veneered chipboard. Quite good quality. The kit includes four threaded bolts for securing the handles through the door. They are too short!
The sets also include screws for optional screwing the handles on either side of the door.

The screws are very fine thread and unsuitable for holding in these doors. One handle has already pulled straight off and left damage.
I need longer bolts but these are made by the handle manufacturer and are not standard size. I have checked with my local fixture suppliers.
Homebase have never had another complaint about this which amazes me.

Am i the only one with this problem?

Sponsored Links
the allthreads or bolts are doubtless made to suit non-fire doors which are thinner

AFAIL if you email Homebase customer service with the part no/bar code off the handles, or else a good description, they will be able to contact the handle manufacturer.

I did that a while ago with some patio door locks, and they sent me a packet of spare keys free.

Can you post a pic with dimensions so we see what you mean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back