IDEAL W2000 50F Boiler replacement problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our IDEAL W2000 50F boiler has just packed up. The plumber who looked at it said that the fan had gone, and as that part is now obsolete the whole boiler would need to be changed.

The boiler is about 12 years old I think and has worked fine until now. It makes a few noises but will not ignite. My question is that the plumber has now told me that I will need a new hot water cylinder and probably new radiators too.

I know very little about this subject but was confused as to why I would need a new cylinder and radiators if I replace my old bolier. Is this correct? It seems excessive to me, but then I'm not a plumber. I just wondered why?

Any advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
get another plumber/heating engineer, cant see why cylinder and rads would need replacing unless they are all leaking.

Thanks for the reply. I've organised BG to come and have a look and get a second opinion, although I have a feeling it will just be a sales pitch.

Is it unusual then to have to replace the hot water cylinder and rads when installing a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
I have had to replace some but only, as far as I can remember, because of leaks. Although I have not done any installs for a few years now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back