Saniflo Help - Driving me nuts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, new to the forum and will try to help others out as much as poss

OK basically I have a downstairs toilet with basin with a sanitop2. all was working OK then had water rising in pan etc... Thought the box was dodgy so replaced it with another working one.

Im getting the same thing.

When you flush the toilet first time after connecting it seems ok but i cant hear it pumping the water away. If i leave it about 3minutes it then pumps it all away.

If i run the basin tap after, the water in the toilet pan then starts to rise.

So it sounds as if the water is overfilling in the sanitop and then taking it away on a delay.

Ive cut the waste pipe and fed a pipe cleaner through it and there is definetly no blockage. Again nothing comes out the pipe until after a few minutes.

I dont think it can be the box can it as this both boxes have done the same thing although im not ruling it out.

Im at my wits end with this thing!

Anyone shed some light who knows about sanitops?

last resort is a plumper

Thanks people

P.S I know saniflo's have a poor reputation but I didnt have much choice at the time, plus its been working fine for 5 years...

Sponsored Links
Many of those have an air pressure switch used as a level switch.

The communication tube might be mostly blocked.

Its quite possible your second box has the same problem.

The average plumber would not have much clue about internal repairs.

You could get their service agent but if its five years old then buying a new box and fitting it yourself might be a better option.

Tony

Thanks for the sensible reply

where is the switch? communciation tube? sorry not that technically minded with stuff like this.

The 2nd box is not 5 years old. Well so im told anyway. The original was.

The new box isnt the new style box ive seen on saniflos website. Pretty much identical to what I had there in the first place.

Sponsored Links
how is the waste pipe run ?
horizonal and vertical lengths from unit.

Hi

It has a few bends in it from the box but then pretty much horizontal to the floor (runs under kitchen) to manhole in extension. Been fine for last 5 years...

Thanks

Sorry guys still struggling with this

Any other suggestions to try

Im thinking it could be the pressure switch in the pressure chamber but have no idea how to remedy this?

Also could I test it away from the toilet and just plug it into the mains, take it into the garden and pour a couple of pints of water where the basin pipe goes and see if it works as it should....?

Thanks

Look at the "non return valve", its just outside the unit at the start of the pipe.

This AFAIK is often the cause of macerator problems.

hmmm.

From what I can remember when i poured a pint of water down the waste pipe, was that the little black flap was there.

So I assume the non return valve is doing its job...

Yes the little black rubber flap.

If that is not letting water pass back through then its doing its job, just being there doesnt mean it is.

I have a macerator with a little black flap non return valve where the flap has a manufactured hole in it, causing water to return into the macerator & start the whole process again.

I took the new box into garden, wired it up and poured water down the basin hole. For some reason the blades were spinning and waste pipe took some water away then it all stopped and done nothing.

Wired up old box poured water in and blades werent spinning (didnt think they should anyway) and it took water away through waste pipe. Hooked old box back up to toilet unit etc... and it now all works?!?!?

How odd that the new box doesnt and the old box that i thought was knackered now does. I gave the old box a bit of a kick when i took it into the garden so maybe this helped I dunno. Still cant work out what the problem might have been. Hopefully it should stay working...

Again, I would say check communication pipe to the pressure switch.

If you can find a service manual it will show where all the bits are.

Mind your fingers, the blades are very sharp to fingers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back