LDV / Stereo / more volts than epected?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, another leccy one (can you tell i'm a spannersNhammers man?)!

The 'family bus' (my father-in-law-to-be's LDV Pilot minibus R-reg ex PO), that provided the transport for our fishing & camping trips last year, seems to have acquired me as chief mechanic :LOL: and we seem to have got along fairly well so far (sorted out the sliding door rails, door locks, interior lighting).

However the question today was - 'can you stick this stereo in?' - no probs :rolleyes:

Now, this is probably something very daft but.... I sorted through the nicely taped up array of wiring in the empty stereo slot and ran through them with the multimeter and the only switched live (in fact the only live?) I found was showing 25 Volts :Confused: am I missing something here, or is this some sort of stepped-up voltage for a special PO dog frying weapon?

Bare in mind my auto skills lie in keeping my mk1 fiesta running (or should i say snorting & farting down the road) - so i really am used to very simple elastictrickery (I even popped the bonnet to check the battery was 12V!).

cheers,

beedz

Sponsored Links
it's not got twin batteries wired up wrong has it?
Multi meter playing up?
Trya 12v bulb on it, if it blows instantly then i guess your 25v is right

cheers neo,

being a newbie to vans the first thing i did was check the battery situation ;) in case the big beasty had something special going on!

tested the multimeter across the battery, so no probs there.

the only thing i can think of is that there is meant to be a stepped-up charge there for something (although i can't think what :?:)

:LOL: just checked my mulitmeter against a spare battery in the house and on first try it was reading 40V!! then checked i had it on the DC V (in case it was operator error!) then tried again and had even more (50+V) lol I think we may have found the culprit :D

cheers for your help neo

Sponsored Links
Back