Water constantly running into toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a toilet that has water running into the toilet pan. I would like to try to find out if this is something I can fix myself but the problem is the toilet doesn't have a ballcock or look anything like the toilets I have seen in any of the diagrams on pages that offer advice. The toilet is in an apartment which is 4 years old and the toilet has a push button fixed onto tiling which is built around the toilet. Sorry to be really vague! Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
You can easily fix this yourself.

There are three possible causes:

1. Grit or scale under the flush valve washer.
2. Worn flush valve washer.
3. Fill valve not closing.

If you lift the cistern lid then you'll see whether the cistern is not filling (causes 1 or 2) or overfilling (cause 3).

The push button can be removed either by unscrewing the bezel around it or, if a dual flush, often by lifting one button to reveal a plastic screw underneath (lift the other button out as well, to get at the screw).

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your relpies. The picture does look similar to how mine looks. And I'm going to try and see if its any of the three suggested possibilities. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back