Builing up a window cill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to build up a sill to match it's neighbour following the removal of some old metal frame windows.

I have to brick/block to the black line shown which is 345mm up from the old course of bricks.

View media item 2461
If I use some recycled bricks that I have which are 65mm thick, then using a 10mm bed, I am short of the level by 35mm. If I start the course with 215mm standard blocks and then a course of bricks I end up 45mm short.

Is this just a case of gauging up to take in the extra 35mm or 45mm?, splitting bricks lengthways?, or any of you chaps have other ideas?

Mucho Gracious. (I backed Spain to win).

TT

Sponsored Links
get some l.b.c. frog bricks and split the first or last course.

they cut very easily with a brick hammer.

brick on edge and three course of brick all with good beds = no cuts,4 beds to gain 10 mm=12.5mm beds

Sponsored Links
the brick on edge would mean cutting if they need to be snappers, plus more compo.

and you can get two splits out of one london the same as a snapped header-on-edge. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back