Essential electric Shower based on MIRA technology

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I bought an brand new ESSENTIAL electric shower from ebay 2/3 years ago and installed it when I had done up my bathroom. But since we have another shower with combi with much better flow rate, we never really used it.

Recently having used it a couple of times, it seems it gives out either very hot water or very cold. Upon moving thermostat by 1 degree towards cold, it turns ice cold and upon moving towards hot, it becomes ultra-hot.

What could be the reason behind it? Can it be easily fixed? Since it has been hung on the wall for 2-3 years and I don't have all the papers with it, it should be out of warranty I think anyway.

All it says is Essential Electric Shower (I think 9.5 KW) based on MIRA techinology. The shower is on 1st floor connected to mains and the flow rate is quite decent.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Faulty flow valve? Are they available as spares? DO they come in as universal or do I have to look for 1 specific to my electric shower?

I was thinking that thermostat was faulty as the flow rate remains constant, but the temp is either too cold or too hot..

Thanks..

you have to get the one for that shower.

how can you think the stat is faulty ?
they don't have a thermostat

its the flow of water over the heating elements that alter the temp.

Sponsored Links
OK, I understand it a bit better. The only reason I said thermostat is because of the rotary temperature control..

SO when we move the temperature knob, is it the flow valve that gets altered to change water temperature output?

Would you know the best place to get this part? Any idea on price please?

Thanks once again...

the heating elements stay at one temp.
when you turn the temp dial to hot/cold you alter the flow of water over the heating elements.
turn dial to hot restricts the water flow so its hotter.
turn the dial to cold gives more water over elements quicker so water is colder.

try the showerdoc stocks all parts

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/contact-us.html

Why not talk to the technical people at MIRA ? They are very good and will, in all likelihood, tell you exactly what you need.

Do you think MIRA people will help here? This is not MIRA shower, this is made by Essential based on MIRA technology....

Anyway, I need to find the price first of all, if you think Mira can help or supply the part, could you please pass me their number for the relevant department?

Thanks..

You have a vivid imagination.

>Thanks, I am glad you discovered that as part of issue.

Perhaps you've not heard of Google. It's very good.

>If you find google good, try windizzi. Its much better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back