New hole in stainless steel sink for filtered water or mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any advice on this would be appreciated please, I have a Franke stainless steel sink with 2 holes feeding one mixer. I want to add a filtered water tap.

There isn't much flat space to fit a new drinking water tap without invading drainer space but if its not difficult to put a new hole in would this be better than getting a tri-flow mixer?

I don't mind too much on the cost - upto a point and I have seen single hole mixers like this but I'm not sure whether 2 hole mixers are available with a separate output for filtered water.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
"but if it's not difficult to put a new hole in"
i assume you mean drilling the sink.
shouldn't be a problem & considerably cheaper.

Ikea sell cutters for SS sinks,they cost about a tenner.

Ikea SS sinks have no holes for taps so you have to put one in it where ever you want it however the cutter size is about 32MM which is big enough to fit a mono mixer.

Ikea sinks and cutters are bags of sh@t though but that's another matter :LOL:

Sponsored Links
51798_PE151909_S2.jpg

Thats the IKEA cutter. Drill a 10mm hole in tap location, push bolt with one half of cutter through 10mm hole, tighten bottom half onto bolt tighten with spanner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back