Moving condensing combi to the airing cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would appreciate some advice as I feel really stupid.

We have had our central heating system replaced new rads, condensing combi (worcester greenstar 30 he plus) in the kitchen etc in the last week. I really hate the look of the boiler and did not realise that it could have gone in our recently cleared airing cupboard.

Can anyone advise to how much work needs to be done to reroute the boiler/gas/pipes etc to the airing cupboard - I know the vertical flue is around £118 plus £35 for each metre extension. Has anyone had this type of work done and roughly how long does it take? What really bugs me is that our old shower no longer works (something else we did not consider) how easy is it to fit one with a combi (a hopefully resited one) and do we need a special shower as we would replace our old one anyway.

I would be really grateful for any information as my husband is at loggerheads with me over this so I want to get it sorted ASAP while we still have the laminate flooring up and while I still have a marriage! Please don't advise me to live with it in the kitchen as it really looks so cumbersome and ugly

thanks

mel

Sponsored Links
like anything else with "how much is" get several quotes and then you will know.

its pointless asking here as we do not know how much work involved, length of pipe runs, your location, how easy / hard to do job etc etc

I think you will be paying upwards of at least £600. :(
With regard to your shower buy a thermostatic mixer. Will fit to your combi supply and give you a lovely shower :)

Sponsored Links
Why wern't you given the option to fit it in the airing cupboard to start with ? is this why it isn't there in the first place ?
who fitted it for you.

Thanks everyone for all your advice :D

Hubby has come round and agrees that it looks damned ugly we have been quoted £900 labour + vat for the move, pipework and to fit a new shower, descaler. We can get the flue and shower a lot cheaper independently and won't be paying vat on it etc.

incidentally the combi was in the kitchen which is approx 1 metre vertically going upwards to the ceiling and 4metres away horizontally straight from the airing cupboard

we have decided to have an electric shower just in case anything goes wrong with the combi so we are left with washing options!

It would be great if anyone could confirm the correct vertical flue kit for the greenstar 30he plus - we have a 100mm dia on order, adaptor and two 1 metre extensions as i did notice there was a 125mm dia option but the guy at the tradecentre sounded pretty confident it was the right one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back