Double glazed window handle loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again my heroes, can anyone help me with my latest problem?

The handle on one of my small double glazed windows is so loose I hardly ever open that window in case it comes away in my hand. If you can see from my photo, there is a small gap between the handle and the window frame. Is there something I can tighten up to make it sit flush? I am scared to touch it because I don't know what I am doing and am afraid of making it worse.

The double glazing was done under a Council grant 3 1/2 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Picture ??

Usually there is just a couple of screws that tighten the handle, one you can see when the window is open and one behind a cover plate.

ooops! Can't even do that right! :oops:

DSC05840-1.jpg

Is that clear enough or do you need more pics?

The bit that is loose is where the oval section meets the frame.

If you look on that oval section, there are 2 little caps on each end of it.
Flick these off with a screwdriver (NOT a sharp knife) and you should be able to tighten up the screws then replace the caps.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Matty - I did wonder about that. I'll have a look tomorrow and cross my fingers.

Thanks again for giving me the confidence to try. I have done as you said and now it is as firm as all the others. I did have to use a fine pointed knife to remove the little caps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back