red wine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do I remove dried (Very) red wine stain from my carpet.

Sponsored Links
Try soaking in white wine for a short time, this sometimes lift the deep stain. Then rinse with cold water.

How can I remove red wine stain from washable clothing, there is a catch to this question though, the red wine is as a result of someone vomiting the red wine onto someones clothing and the stain is now set as it could not be soaked immediately. Please help!!!!!

pour white wine on and leave to soak for a bit it may lift the red then rinse with cold water

Sponsored Links
I need help too! I spilled a glass of red wine on my friends cotton and silk rug. Washed the wine with cold water and some soap. The stain was still there, so I hired a carpet cleaner and now the stain seems to be darker! Help.

Found some details in ' Household Handy Tips ' book as follow:

Apply glycerine and leave for one hour.Soak or wash in a heavy-duty detergent containing oxygen bleach.

If the stain remains,treat with hydrogen peroxide (buy from chemists).

Colour run from washing : use hydrogen peroxide.

White fabrics : try Stain Devils Colour Run Remover or Dylon Run Away

Good luck !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back