No central heating and hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I removed a radiator at the weekend so the wall behind could be decorated. All valves were disconnected as per instructions.
My wife put the hot water on, whilst the radiator was off, but water started coming out of the pipe where the lockshield valve is. We turned the hot water off and bought a screw cap to stop the water coming out.
We installed the radiator again but i heard no water coming in. Since then we cannot get any hot water or central heating.
There is a pressure gauge above our combi boiler now reads 0%. I've been round all the rads and bled them as i though that we will have air in the system, the air came out but no water came through. More of a concern is that the hot water is not working. The pump is working and the boiler is firing up. The pipe from the boiler to the pressure gauge is getting warm but after that it's cold..........

HELP!!

Sponsored Links
You need to fill the system up with water. Find the "filling loop" which is usually a silverbraided flexible hose near the boiler. Open the tap(s) at its end(s) until the pressure guage reads 1 or just over then close the tap(s) . Bleed everything and let more water in as the pressure will drop.

Different oif your combi is a newish Vaillant or Worcester.

Thanks Chris, I'll try it out tonight. Will it also cure the hot water problem?? That's more of an urgency!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back