Changing the airing cupboard - PLS DELETE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having the tall airing cupboard chopped in half to make space for a bigger bathtub. However I would still like (if poss) to keep the carcass and use it as part of the new one (50 x 70). The door is currently on the 50 side.

Also, I can not decide on the opening / closing style of it, as the access space between the cupboard and the bathtub is about 30cm, so having opening / closing doors are not really the best options.

How easy would it be to?

a) Change the opening from one side to another? eg from the very narrow side to the longer side (70), thereby enabling better use of the space at the back for my short arms!

b) Put in sliding doors

c) Any other opening / coverings would be great, as having open shelves facing the bathtub, is probably not a good idea LOL.

Thanks for any suggestions. And oh, I am a DIY noob, so anything difficult is not gonna work!

M

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
LOL, i have uploaded them, and it looks like i have clicked on them too many times. There should only be the 2 images (3733 and 3732).

The images are very pale I am afraid, and the 2nd one should have been shown first (3732), as that has the drawing of the current bathroom.

M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back