20mm or 25mm MDPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

In a bit of a quandary. I am in a position to change the Mains water pipe that runs under the floors downstairs.

The Mains from the road is probably 1958 Galvanised but as it comes alongside the house there is a raiser that changes to a 20mm blue pipe MDPE. Without digging up a concrete path I can T off this 20mm and take this into the new boiler position (Vaillant 837) with more 20mm (which I have got already) or do you think it is worth going to 25mm? One small problem is that I have not found a 20*25*20 T for MDPE?

I have just checked the flow rate from the 20mm ~ this via a (double?) check valve and a standard garden tap with a garden hose adaptor on because the water was going every where but the bucket. The T off to the house will be before the check valve.

Flow is 10 Litres in 25secs more like 22 secs.

Just some further info from our bedroom windows we look UP to the Water Tower about 1000 yards away.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi

Sorry for the bump!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi Seal

What is concerning you?

If it is the pressure / flow, from what you have measured it seems you have excellent pressure so will be ok with using a 20 mm pipe (i've learned something new today) :D

Hi

What I did not want to do was it the whole house back together (these floorboards up in just about every room) & find that I needed to replace the 20mm pipe because of pressure or flow.

So really just checking I'm doing the right thing!!

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back