Bosch Exxcel dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The top spray arm does not turn even though there is water spraying out of it,as a result,it does not clean properly,any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
I have just posted a similar problem with my Bosch Excell Dishwasher too (6 years old). I have tried quite a few things. I suspect it may be too much friction caused by wear on the surface between the spray arm and the hub that locks it in place, however I am not sure. I think I am going to order a new top spray arm assembly and try it - I will keep you posted!

see //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147898

Plot thickens! I have done a bit more investigation and peered down the hole in the sump unit that feeds the top spray arm. There appears to be a shutter valve arrangement. I fiddled a little bit to see if it moved - it did a little. Then I put the fittings back in and switched on the machine. Amazingly the top spray arm rotated :) but now the bottom one didn't :(. Oh well that rules out a problem with the top spray arm. Then I reset the wash cycle and tried again - now the top spray arm stopped working and the bottom one worked again - now I am really confused!!

Had a look on the Bosch parts website (https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop(bD1lbiZjPTAwOQ==)/bosch/gb/prodp.htm?prod=SGS53A02GB%2f38) and this shutter valve appears to be part of the water heater - refered to as an alternating water distributer. Not sure if this is faulty or whether it is a problem with the controller. may do a bit more investigation but may just give up and get a new machine - not worth the cost of repair.... unless anyone out ther knows differently!!!

Sponsored Links
Plot thickens! I have done a bit more investigation and peered down the hole in the sump unit that feeds the top spray arm. There appears to be a shutter valve arrangement. I fiddled a little bit to see if it moved - it did a little. Then I put the fittings back in and switched on the machine. Amazingly the top spray arm rotated :) but now the bottom one didn't :(. Oh well that rules out a problem with the top spray arm. Then I reset the wash cycle and tried again - now the top spray arm stopped working and the bottom one worked again - now I am really confused!!

Had a look on the Bosch parts website (https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop(bD1lbiZjPTAwOQ==)/bosch/gb/prodp.htm?prod=SGS53A02GB%2f38) and this shutter valve appears to be part of the water heater - refered to as an alternating water distributer. Not sure if this is faulty or whether it is a problem with the controller. may do a bit more investigation but may just give up and get a new machine - not worth the cost of repair.... unless anyone out ther knows differently!!!

yep switch valve is prob knacked.. possible control module but more likey switch valve comes complete with heater unit... nightmare to change but not impossible

Thanks - I thought it may be something that was expensive/difficult to fix. So I decided to replace the machine and cut my losses!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back